El Paso del Norte Mexican Talent Network
From the NPT inbox, an interesting ex-pat program:
The El Paso Del Norte Mexican Talent Network will be holding its reunion July 21, 2009 at the Mexican Consulate located at 910 E. San Antonio Ave, El Paso, Texas 79901. The event will take place from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and will be hosted by Dr. Alberto Correa. Guest speakers will talk about the network’s upcoming projects and will include an opening by Ambassador Roberto Rodriguez Hernandez.
To provide Mexicans residing abroad who are linked with what is known as the “economy of knowledge” to collaborate together and to contribute toward a greater insertion of Mexico in the global economy.
The program of the Mexican Talent Network is fostered by the Instituto de los Mexicanos en el Exterior (IME) and Fundación México – Estados Unidos para la Ciencia (FUMEC) with the support of the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT) and the Secretaría de Economía.
Together in a Talent Network (MTN), highly qualified Mexican immigrants can strengthen their interaction capacity, both among themselves and in relation to Mexico so that they can fulfill the following primary objectives:
* Promote relationships between Mexico and highly qualified persons residing abroad
* Advance the insertion of Mexico in the global knowledge economy through the creation of synergies between talent abroad and talent in Mexico
* Facilitate the production of high value-added projects in business development, education for global innovation and the support of Mexican communities abroad
* Foster a better understanding of the contributions of Mexicans abroad to the prosperity of Mexico and the adopted countries
* Promote the prestige of Mexico abroad
The size and the global nature of this network and the consolidation of online networks into a global community provide the following opportunities.
* High speed communication and information flow
* Mass collaboration
* No physical barriers
* Cost effectiveness